Terms and Conditions
1. In publishing this catalog, Richard Opfer Auctioneering, Inc., has endeavored to accurately describe all items being sold. However, all items offered for sale are sold strictly "as is." It is the bidder's responsibility to determine the exact condition of each item. No statement in this listing, the bill of sale, the invoice, or elsewhere, made by any representative of, or person in the employ of Richard Opfer Auctioneering, Inc., shall be deemed a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability with respect to age, condition, size, quality, variety, importance, provenance or historical relevance of any items sold. Any such matters are strictly matters of opinion. In cataloging, every effort has been made to accurately note major faults, repairs, etc., where seen for all items. However, where major faults have been noted, the item is already being sold "As Is" and lesser faults may NOT be individually described. All bidders are encouraged to ask questions regarding the condition of lots in the auction. Please ask specific questions and we will do our best to answer those queries.
2. The auctioneer will be the final judge as to who is the highest bidder.
3. Title to all merchandise shall pass to the highest bidder at the fall of the auctioneer's "hammer." The purchaser shall assume full risk and responsibility for the lot purchased once title has passed.
4. Online purchases are subject to a 23% buyer's premium. Payment must be made immediately.
5. The successful absentee bidder is ultimately responsible for arranging the packaging, shipping and insuring of items purchased. Most items will be shipped via a third party shipper. Anything deemed too fragile, too large, or too expensive will be shipped via a professional third party shipper. No guarantees will be made with regard to “turn-around time” for shipment. Since professional shipping can be expensive, prospective bidders must factor the expense into their final bid. ANY PURCHASERS OF LARGE OR HEAVY ITEMS WILL BE ENCOURAGED TO USE A PROFESSIONAL SHIPPER or HAULER. Should a customer wish to “pick up” their purchases, ARRANGEMENTS MUST BE MADE IN ADVANCE, SO THAT WE CAN FULLY COMPLY WITH COVID-19 PROTOCOLS.
6. All accounts are to be settled by the end of the sale unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
7. Payment may be in the form of cash (In House Only) or a check. We reserve the right to hold all merchandise paid for by check until such check has cleared the bank. Payment may also be made via. Visa or MasterCard or PAYPAL. DUE TO COVID-19 STAFFING RESTRICTIONS, WE WILL ENCOURAGE BIDDERS TO “CLICK” TO PAY VIA PAYPAL. The buyer must pay Maryland sales tax unless exemption is allowed under the laws regulating such tax. AS OF JULY 1, 2001, THE STATE OF MARYLAND ACCEPTS OUT-OF-STATE SALES TAX NUMBERS FOR THE PURCHASE OF ANTIQUES AND USED COLLECTIBLES. Potential buyers who hold VALID resale certificates from other states must present a copy of their sales and use tax license. Items shipped out of state are exempt from 6% Maryland sales tax.
8. Richard Opfer Auctioneering, Inc. is not responsible for any typographical errors or omissions in this catalog or subsequent price key. Photographs in this catalog are of the actual object being sold, however; digital photography can be misleading in regard to color and size of a particular item. Please feel free to ask questions with regard to color. Please see catalog description for actual size of the sale items. However, exact condition of the objects being offered is their condition at the time of time of the sale.
9. ALL ONLINE PURCHASES ARE SUBJECT TO 23% BUYER'S PREMIUM.
10. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
11. Storage fees will be charged if purchases remain here for more than two weeks after the sale date. $10 per week, $30 per month.
12. Lots that were bid on, and not paid for within two weeks will handled at our discretion.
13. Purchased items that remain in our possession for a one year period will become the property of Richard Opfer Auctioneering, Inc.
14. The act of bidding on any lot offered here is an indication of the bidder's acceptance of these Terms of Sale
D = Depth
H = Height
L = Length
W = Width